Friday, March 28, 2014

A Peg that Doesn't Fit into a Round or Square Hole Anymore.

It is a lonely thing to not quite fit in, especially in church or even with my friends.  
I have become that person, and I don't like it at all.

I've been a believer for nearly 31 years now, so how did I get to this point in the last few months where I no longer feel like I am a part of church?  I know that I am part of THE church, the body of Christ as a true Christian, but I no longer fit into any local church.  I'm an oddity now.  (Those of you reading this who know me personally will suggest that I've always been an oddity!)


Doctrinally speaking, I no longer fit anywhere.  But the thing is, doctrine is important!


If I were to take any single doctrinal point, I could find a church home.  But I apparently have such a strange combination of doctrinal beliefs, which I believe are firmly founded in Scripture, that taken together, fit with no church.


So where does that leave me?


Right now it leaves me going to two churches.  Not quite fitting in at either one. Wishing I could fit in someplace.


No comments:

Post a Comment